Thursday 16 June 2011

Mortar and Pestle and Measuring Cups

The last two days i have been busy cooking, shopping, eating out and talking, just couldn't make time for writing. And it almost made me crazy. Last night going to sleep i could only dream of what recipes to write about next. And i even woke up in the middle of the night wondering what 'layered' cake i should bake next and how i should go about the process. I am getting a little hyperactive, i think. Can i pretend to be sane and blame it on the century's largest lunar eclipse of last night? (changes in the moon can make people loony they say!) Now I have a trip to the farmers market planned in the next few hours and have lunch to serve and i really am freaking out here, am i not? You are right, i just need to calm down and prioritise. You make it sound easy but i really am the 'freaking out at the slightest opportunity' type who needs everything planned to perfection.
OK now that i got all that ranting out of the way, i wanted to tell you about my new mortar and pestle that i got since my last post. One made of white marble stone and looks so cute sitting on my black kitchen countertop. We went to Shilparamam (take a look at the arts, crafts and cultural village of Hyderabad here) on this cool monsoon evening to have some piping hot traditional oil-fried snacks. Yum! Oh yes and got this mortar and pestle set at a small price of Rs 130.
I also got this set of measuring cups at the supermarket and wanted to show them off, what with my recent addiction with photographing anything i can lay my hands on. Can you read the measurement for each cup on the cup handle in the above pic? They say 1cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup. Easy measuring for my baked goods from now on! That's all for today and talk to you real soon, definitely before i start going crazy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your words are my fuel. Thank you for your time here and your feedback.